Re: [Tb] Tinderbox, OmniOutliner, and GTD

From: Mark Anderson <mac_at_yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:26:58 +0100

On 20/6/06 16:14, "Nik" <gerber_at_inik.net> wrote:

> TB has great documentation, considering how complex it is. In some
> cases, this documentation is out of date or plain incorrect, but those
> problems are generally quickly fixed.

Tinderbox can do documentation. Documentation for Script Debugger (v4+) and
Affrus, to name a couple, are written in Tinderbox. Meanwhile, this:
   http://www.acrobatfaq.com/tb_manual/tinderbo.html
is a proof of concept for the TB's own manual based on a TBX document. The
structure mirrors the current Word-authored PDF but could be more flexible
if re-structured for TBX. The joy of the latter is it allows for
context-sensitive help.

On balance, the author gains more from the PDF than the user (compared to
other formats) as a PDF is restrictive by design - a digital facsimile of a
paper (page) product.

I never did a print-export track for the above p-o-c as no one seemed
interested but I'm sure one TBX could be easily updatable whilst offering
both richly cross-linked digital content output and nicely formatted
dead-tree text output using two different sets of templates.

---
Regards

Mark Anderson
Tinderbox wiki gardener