Tinderbox plans

From: Mark Bernstein <bernstein_at_eastgate.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:45:39 -0500

With respect to providing even better Unicode support in Tinderbox, I
sent Willem Smelik a private and informal estimate of our current
plans. This was intended as a guide for his own planning.

We do expect that Tinderbox 4 will feature some new text engine
facilities. Tinderbox 4 may reasonably be expected in later Winter
or early Spring -- that time frame being approximately a year from
the release of Tinderbox 3.

Do keep in mind, however, that many aspects of Tinderbox remain
research topics, and that software development schedules are
notoriously subject to change. From time to time, people ask us when
projected new features might become available, in order for them to
plan their own work. We try to provide estimates when we can, but
these necessarily reflect only our best advice at the moment in
inquiry.

Happy New Year to everyone! We'll be announcing some great Tinderbox
news next week.

--
Mark Bernstein             bernstein_at_eastgate.com    (617) 924-9044
Eastgate Systems Inc       http://www.eastgate.com/  (800) 562-1638