Re: [Tb] Tinderbox, OmniOutliner, and GTD

From: Mark Anderson <mac_at_yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:03:25 +0100

On 20/6/06 05:09, "3CI Consulting LLC" <retops_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

In fairness, by Mac product standards, the TB documentation is actually
quite voluminous. Iıd agree though that it doesnıt necessarily explain how
to achieve solutions ­ itıs more a summary of form and basic function.
However, what do you mean by Œdecentı? The term doesnıt help those of us who
might help you understand whatıs missing. Rather than dwell on negatives,
have you tried these resources?
* Tinderbox wiki: http://www.eastgate.com/wiki2/wiki.cgi?TinderboxWiki
* My ³aTbRef² Tinderbox notes: http://www.acrobatfaq.com/tbx/index.html
* The release notes TBX included with the programıs download disk image.

I suspect like many (me included) you want more worked examples; learning
from example is so much easier. The problem for multi-purpose tools like
Tinderbox is one personıs needs are of little use to others so examples can
lead to manual bloat. Also, if the few people writing examples donıt know
the desired niche subject itıs hard to think up specimens until given some
context to work with. Just assembling content for an example TBX can take a
while...

As peopleıs tasks vary so much, itıs hard to predict whatıs needed. The
wikiıs a good place to start asking questions and Iıd also note Eastgate are
very responsive to their users with problems.

---
Regards

Mark Anderson
Tinderbox wiki gardener