Re: [Tb] Tinderbox, OmniOutliner, and GTD

From: <tblist.5.haelo_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:06:40 -0700

Post these simple questions that you have on the Wiki, we have a pretty
active group there that answers questions. Once things have been brought up,
they are re-factored into "answer pages."

That said, I honestly don't understand the "Tinderbox is an Island"
comments. It seems to operate perfectly fine with everything else on my
system. Are you just talking about not having a "clippings" feature or
something? That doesn't seem very hard to get around. If that is all that is
bothering you. Just use Application X for your clippings, at the end of the
day, export to OPML, import into Tb. At that point you are doing no more
work than you would be otherwise, shuffling a mass of items into the
appropriate locations. If, heaven forbid, even that is too much work (?) use
Automator with OmniOutliner. I just tested it. Built a workflow that dumps
your current outline to OPML, opens the OPML in Tinderbox, deletes the OPML
file from the drive, then wipes the contents of the current clippings file
after a confirmation.

Make a quick Apple script to run the Workflow, add it to OOP's tool bar. One
click export to Tinderbox.

Seriously. Is that the only issue?

Add selected text to Tinderbox? Copy it, Cmd-Tab, paste it. Pretty, a new
note with the text in it. You can even click somewhere in the outline and
then hit Cmd-V -- saves an organisation step later. I fail to see how that
is any less efficient than a "Service," which forces hubris on input, and
may or may not be accessible without working through a labyrinthine Services
Menu.

--AmberV