Re: [Tb] Tinderbox, OmniOutliner, and GTD

From: Mark Anderson <mac_at_yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:46:41 +0100

As a TB-er happy to help but who's a not a writet and doesn't do GTD, an
imediment to helping is the lack of source material to work from (a lot of
my 'help' time is spent creating test TBXs). With little idea what a
writer's TBX might look like in terms of content, the all important context
to the problems faced is missing and which may not be apparent in a bare
question like "How do I do X?". Cue the follow-up question syndrome.

Here's a thought, if some folk with content but lacking solution would like
to offer up some 'source' TBXs. It doesn't matter if the content is real or
fictional as long as it is representative of the sort of real problems being
encountered (as in can't you find/organize/output as desired). Then perhaps
other TB-ers (via the wiki/tb lit/etc.) could then present re-worked
versions with annotated solutions - e.g. an agent's text would explain the
problem it was solving and how the solution was pieced together (if not
immediately obvious). A container note to prototypes would explain what any
new prototypes do and indicate where they are used, etc. I suspect some of
these would lend themselves to being offered up as tutorials/specimen
examples for particular types of content.

I'm presuming a writer's TBX might have ideas, plot, reference section -
whatever - plus some notes indicating what's desired by way of outcome. Some
solutions may simply come from using different organisation/granularity of
notes (e.g. map-centric vs outline-centric display) or different views
rather than depending on agents etc.

Anyway, if those with problems 9or who've overcome them) could offer up some
specimen content TBXs, I think it help move things forward for those
struggling to get started.

---
Regards

Mark Anderson