Re: [Tb] OT - Open source tools

From: Lee Phillips <lee__AT__lee-phillips.org>
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 14:52:57 EST

> If you are looking at other software, you should definitely monitor the
> Tiddlywiki world.
> Start from www.tiddlywiki.com.

Wow, I can't believe I'd never heard of this. Thanks for the pointer.

There are some fascinating ideas there, and some really neat
interface tricks. I don't think I'll be using it personally,
but it's provocative to see ideas like this. (One reason I
wouldn't use this system to publish is that the fancy javascript
interface leaves the same url in the address bar no matter what
you click on within the site, so there is no navigation by url
and no way to send an address to someone else. Everything gets
loaded into one big page. At least that's my impression after a
big four minutes of playing with it.)