[Tb] Age vs. Chronology of siblings

From: Nik <gerber__AT__inik.net>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 17:37:13 EST

On Mar 30, 2005, at 2:33 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> Since the siblings can be reordered at will w/o changing any
> attributes associated with time, chronological sequence or dates, it
> makes no sense to me at all to attempt to describe their position with
> terms normally associated with chronology.

This is true but it's also why using the outline version of
eldest/youngest makes the most sense. If you want to pull the oldest
chronological item, set your container to auto-sort by creation date in
reverse. Then the first child will also be the chronological eldest. If
you'd rather than the eldest were the chronological youngest or the
alphanumerically highest, you can do the same thing.

--Nik