[Tb] Help with #last in rule/agent

From: Nik <gerber__AT__inik.net>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 17:34:56 EST

On Mar 30, 2005, at 12:11 PM, Lee Phillips wrote:

> I don't know why you're using pound signs (#), but I haven't
> gotten around to using rules yet. However, I did try putting
> this in as a rule on a container:
>
> lastchild=^title(child)
>
> Is this what you need?

I was using # signs because, that's what it had in the manual for
#first(). (Page 108) I gambled and thought that #last might work, too.
Seems that neither works using that syntax.

Your solution does work, but I think I was overly hopeful in believing
that would get me to a solution...

What I have now is a NextAction attribute which is set to the name of
the oldest/first child of the container. That's good, and I set that
rule on the Project prototype so now every one has it.

The next thing I did was create an agent whose search criteria is:
Name=$NextAction(parent)

This doesn't turn up any results, even though it really ought to.

I tried using this as a rule, just to test
(TestAttribute=$NextAction(parent)) and that worked fine.

Can I not use to comparisons/lookups like this in an agent?

--Nik

PS: Sorry for flooding the list like this. I just bought Tinderbox
yesterday and I'm scrambling to get a few initial documents created to
migrate over my old stuff! Thanks for all y'all's help!