[Tb] Help with #last in rule/agent

From: Mark Smith <mark__AT__bbprojects.net>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 16:33:58 EST

Lee Phillips wrote:

>> Fruit
>> apples
>> cherries
>> peaches
>> pears
>> tomatoes
>> Vegetables
>> potatoes
>> zucchini
>>=20
>> we conventionally speak of the apple as being the eldest child of=20
>> fruit, and of the cherry as being the younger brother of the apple.
>
>We do? I had no idea.

me neither

>Since I am unfamiliar with this jargon, I naturally assumed that "older"
>and "younger" had something to do with time, rather than position.

me too and I think 'we' ought to be right
=20
>Unless, of course, I am the odd one here. Is there anyone=20
>listening who, when reading that prevSibling gives you "the next=20
>older sibling of the current note" knows that this means the one=20
>to the left rather than the one that is actually older?

well I for (a humble) one, did not know this and I don't like it either. I =
have no idea if its tradtional outliner speak, but I don't care too much on=
e way or the other. This is silly.

Since the siblings can be reordered at will w/o changing any attributes ass=
ociated with time, chronological sequence or dates, it makes no sense to me=
 at all to attempt to describe their position with terms normally associate=
d with chronology.

0.02,

mark.