[Tb] A couple community issues (epic)

From: Bob Torres <bob-keyword-tbox.d39c7f__AT__rjtorres.net>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 20:39:36 EST

Hello all,

* Lee Phillips (lee__AT__lee-phillips.org) wrote:
> Your friendly mailinglist administrator here.....

and the friendly forum admin here! (though I've not paid much attention
to either the list or the forum in the last week or so!)

> I am putting this proposal out here so that the maintainer of the
> volunteer web forum can let us know if he is interested in cooperating
> to set this up. I don't know if this arrangement has been tried before
> and I don't know how difficult it would be; it would seem to depend
> on the flexibility of the web forum software. If there is anyone here
> with technical knowledge about this, please pipe up.

I'm very much interested in cooperating. I think it'd be great to have
the information in a variety of places so that people can get the help
and answers that they need. The only issue for me is a technical one.
I don't know how to set up a forum that would mirror the email list, but
I'm happy to investigate it, or to make it happen if someone can tell me
how (so yeah, pipe up if you know!).

> No, they don't. We are thriving without anyone's approval.

No one approved the forum, either. I just went ahead and did it.
I'm not even sure how much traffic it is getting but we do have 43
registered users. I'm committed to keeping it open and seeing what
happens, however.

So, anyone know how we go about putting Lee's idea into practice? The
forum currently runs phpBB2. I'm open to using a new package if that
can give us the functionality described above 'out of the box,' provided
I can import users that are currently registered. I don't want to make
43 people register again....

best regards,

bob

--