[Tb] Photoblog

From: David J Garbutt <d.garbutt__AT__intergga.ch>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 20:19:02 EDT

> Finally, should I simply delete the page on the Wiki on which I started
> to rant about export filenames, or edit it to point to the final
> outcome?
>
> So, what do you think? Let me know, please.
Personally I would leave at least some of the journey in.

Why?

To me when you read a statement that 'X works this way' you then operate
with that concept and extend it, and thereby solve other problems by that
extension....
And quite often with TB actually these further steps turn out to be wrong
because the original idea is not expressed concisely enough, or I come from
a different background, whatever it is doesn't really matter except
1) for the writers of manuals - they see where your reasoning falls over and
can express the thought clearer, with a different metaphor, etc
2) for other users that may think the same way, will get to the end quicker.

 But they need the start point too, otherwise they won't see why that end
point is mentioned.

In my opinion the TB manual should be split into at least two parts, an
intro - with more examples - and a precise reference book with detailed
examples of all constructs.
With such a powerful program there could actually be several introductory
manuals depending on your main intent.

I will have a look at your CSS frames because I had an idea about that which
I didn't test yet. You may have already implemented it !

--
Dave Garbutt
Ingelsteinweg 4d