Images

From: Ted Goranson <tedg_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:10:49 -0400

I've been using TB for text-only rather heavily. Am relatively happy.

I now have a need to have a few images incorporated. I'm asking about
images here:

1) At one time there was some complaining about how images are
converted to Tiff and folded in the XML, making image-rich 'boxes
unmanageable for less than supermachines. I imagine that has been
fixed. has it?

2) My source has the images inserted in html. There doesn't seem to
be any easy way to import html and a) have the images include b) have
the relative links converted to TB links. (The text in this case is
"Finnegans Wake" which requires some custom glyphs our author made
up, so in a manner it is still 'text'.)

3) placed frames, not, I know. Has someone figured out a workaround,
at least for export?

Best, Ted

--
Ted Goranson