Re: [Tb] Links Not Hot in Imported OPML List

From: Mark Anderson <mac__AT__yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 10:26:02 EDT

On 12/6/06 14:43, "Ken Tompkins" <kentompkins3__AT__comcast.net> wrote:

> After importing an OPML file into TB 3.0.6, should I not be able to
> click on individual entries and bring the site page up in the
> browser? Apparently, the url --
> which is in the OPML file -- is not brought into TB; at least I
> haven't been able to get the page to display.

Ken

On a drag an OPML of web links into TB v3.0.6 the URLS anchor text becomes
the notes name and also the note text. The links URL is stored in note's URL
attribute - note as a web link from the anchor text, as you might intuit.

Assuming the above has happened as described, to open the URL, open the
note's text window and click the "View in browser" button (right-most
button, lower left margin of the window. There are no menu or keyboard
shortcuts for this - as far as I know. See also:
http://www.acrobatfaq.com/tbx/index/views/notetext/normal.html

If no joy, open the note's Info view (Cmd+Opt+i) and scroll to the 'Net'
section if system attributes and check the URL attribute is populated. If
it isn't, then it may be some glitch in the OMPL format in use.

---
Regards

Mark Anderson
Tinderbox wiki gardener