Re: [Tb] sequencing notes

From: <tblist.5.haelo__AT__spamgourmet.com>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 17:48:28 EDT

Mark, in this particular scenario, I would recommend a different approach.
It requires that the ordered set be located within a container, but that
will generally be the case. Then add this rule to each of the children:

ident=$OutlineOrder - (^getFor(parent, OutlineOrder)^)

Of course, you could configure an offset somehow, if you wanted to, so that
they were not all 1234... Or instead of the parent, all notes could be
populated based on a common root, which could supply the offset as a
configuration option.

I did not play with your algorithms, but one thing I noticed is to make sure
that all ^get calls are within their own parenthesis before any math comes
along. It seems that math evaluates before template substitutions occur, and
parenthesis force the substitution to happen first.

--AmberV