[Tb] Help with #last in rule/agent

From: Lee Phillips <lee__AT__lee-phillips.org>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 17:30:37 EST

> >Since I am unfamiliar with this jargon, I
> >naturally assumed that "older" and "younger" had something to do
> >with time...
>
> TERMINOLOGY (page 50), at the outset of the chapter titled HIERARCHY,
> introduces this usage.

It does not explain the use of "younger" and "older". It just
says, in passing, that "Jurassic is the younger sibling of
Cretaceous" but does not explain why it's referred to as
"younger".

> Similarly, the container that contains a note is called its "parent",
> without regard to whether the container disciplines the note or pays
> its college tuition.

I feel pretty safe in betting that most of your users have no
trouble with "parent", "sibling", etc., but are misled by
"older" and "younger", even if they've read the HIERARCHY
chapter. I don't doubt that these usages are common in certain
fields, but merely offer these comments in order to help you
improve your documentation.