[Tb] Style attributes in Tinderbox XML

From: Scott Price <sprice>
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 14:58:49 EDT

Hello--

I was just digging through a (a copy of a) Tinderbox file in a text
editor, and found that nearly half the lines in the document are
something like this:

<tstyle font="Lucida Grande" bold="0" italic="0" underline="0"
start="1300" size="12" height="15" ascent="12" color="#000000" />

... and for any given note where that line appears once, it'll appear
about 15 times with ascending "start" attributes.

Since the text was pasted in from Word, where I'd set the font to
Lucida Grande, I'm assuming that these are loyally marking that each
pasted paragraph is Lucida Grande. The thing is, I could care less.
The default display text is set to Lucida Grande, and my export
templates make the export use Lucida Grande.

So... can I take out these lines with impunity, as long as they're
not also denoting color or italics? Is that really where those tags
are coming from, and is there a way to stop this unnecessary markup?
It's not *hurting* anything except my sense of tidiness.

--Scott