[Tb] import from Inspiration outlines

From: mark david mcCreary <mdm__AT__internet-tools.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 19:14:12 EDT

Greetings from Texas, where i have recently bought TB based on the very
nice ATPO review by Ted Goranson. So far I am excited about the
potential, but have run into a big roadblock.

I have hundreds of Inspiration outlines that I want to import into TB.
I was surprised to see an export menu selection, but not an Import. In
reviewing the TB site and wiki, I notice that I am not the only person
with import questions (but no answers have been posted).

So I will try my luck on this mailing list. I tried to download the
mailing list raw text archive, but was foiled by a permission problem.
And I don't see a search engine, so if this question has been asked, and
especially if it's been answered, please point me to the URL that I
need.

I can export Inspiration 7.5 documents to plain text, HTML, MS Word, MS
Powerpoint and Appleworks.

Are there any tools to import into TB from those formats ?

I have learned about copying and pasting a document into TB, and using
the Explode command. If I use just the outline structure from
Inspiration, I can get close to what I need, and probably with some
filters beforehand, and agents afterwards, can solve that portion of the
problem.

A bigger problem appears to be getting the content of Inspiration's
outline entries into TB on an automatic basis. That is, some of my
Inspiration notes have formatted content associated with them, and while
I can export that into plain text, TB cannot handle it.

At this point, it looks like my only hope is to export from Inspiration
into a plain text format, and then massage that file into a TB XML file.

Has anybody tried that approach, and if so are there any notes or tools
on doing it.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

mark