[Tb] A Reader-Writer Bulletin Board Tb?

From: Jerry Balzano <gjbalzano__AT__ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 15:28:21 EDT

Hi all -

I have a class of students, posting responses to readings online.
The software (DISCUS) collects their postings on web pages (one page
per reading) using tables, with the student's name in the first
column of the table, and their writeup in the second column.
Although I've done some programming in different languages, I've not
yet used Tinderbox in other than "plain vanilla" style. However, it
would be great if I could use Tb to grab and organize all this
information for me, i.e. manage a monster document full of notes with
"student" and "reading" attributes, and (e.g.) having found a match
to an "student" attribute in column 1 of a page, then create a new
note consisting of the contents of column 2. This looks like exactly
the sort of thing Tinderbox is good at doing, right? And even -- to
go a bit farther -- setting up agents that would continually update
the monster document as students posted new responses? I've just not
done this before, and the first time is always the hardest. I'd be
most grateful for any hand-holding anyone would be willing to do with
me on this.

Thanks!

- Jerry Balzano

--