[Tb] Use of Tinderbox by Historians

From: Mark Bernstein <bernstein__AT__eastgate.com>
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 09:49:03 EDT

Tinderbox and Storyspace meet many needs of numerous academics all
over the world, and have for many, many years. Of course, no program
-- by definition -- can meet ALL the needs of even a single scholar,
much less all the needs of an entire discipline!

Art Russell says that

> I've found that [Tinderbox] suffers from file bloat.

I believe this is untrue; Tinderbox files (with the exception of
those containing images) are quite compact. Of course, XML is
inherently less compact than less-general formats, but the case for
XML is now, I think, very widely understood and accepted.

As you probably know, you can easily open and inspect Tinderbox XML
files with any XML or text editor. If you see an opportunity to
reduce Tinderbox file size significantly, please let us know.

--
Mark Bernstein             bernstein__AT__eastgate.com    (617) 924-9044
Eastgate Systems Inc       http://www.eastgate.com/  (800) 562-1638