Recently I have been using dlvr.it to send copies of this website’s newsfeed to Twitter and FaceBook. I used to accomplish this, at least for Twitter, myself, with a few lines of Python in the script that uploads changes to the website. But after Twitter changed its authorization requirements, I decided to use a third-party service rather than figure out how to continue to roll my own.
dlvr.it has been more-or-less working for a while. The only problem I’ve had with it is that it periodically decided to unsubscribe from my pubsubhubbub hub. It would still pull the feed periodically, but my updates would not be published in real time until I went in to the dlvr.it dashboard and re-enabled the hub.
Today I noticed that it was happening again, and I went to the dlvr.it site to fix it, again. Then I found out that this time it was by design: now they want me to pay money for this feature. No grandfathering, no notice (that I noticed). They just turned it off.
Time to switch to one of the other feed publishers, or roll my own again.