inheriting attribute from ancestor (parent)

From: rodney tamblyn <rodney_at_oceanbrowser.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:13:43 +1000

I have a prototype "article" (for journal articles) which has a
number of attributes such as authour, title, journal etc. I want to
manage quotations as separate entries under the article (child),
using (for example) a prototype "quotation"

I'd like the quotation prototype entries to inherit relevant values
from their parent.

In the quotation prototype, onAdd action, I've tried setting:

jAuthour=^getFor(ancestor,jAuthour)^
jAuthour=^getFor(parent,jAuthour)^

But when I create a new quotation by clicking on an article and
select "New child" the newly created quotation does not inherit
values from it's parent.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

~ Rodney