Re: [Tb] Tinderbox plans

From: Gordon Meyer <bb_at_g2meyer.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:56:57 -0600

On Dec 29, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Lee Phillips wrote:

> It's "this winter" on this side of the ocean, too. I guess Dr
> Bernstein
> just mistyped. Anyway, I guess this will be a good New Year's present
> for you and the others who use unicode.

Ahem, "this winter" is what we in North America are currently
experiencing (Dec 2006 through April 2007). "Next Winter" is Dec 2007
through April 2008.

I recently read an article about how "this" and "next" when applied
to timeframe is quite regional, even within a single country, and
almost always ambiguous for exactly that reason. I can't find the
reference, however, sorry about that.

In terms of Tinderbox, I'm really looking forward to the release of
the new version that Mark hinted about. And for New Years, I resolve
to actively take advantage of the new goodies. :-) Happy New Year!

Best Regards,
    --Gordon

-----
Gordon Meyer