Re: [Tb] HTML entities and feed validation

From: Martin Spernau <martin_at_traumwind.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:20:54 +0200

Scott,
the problem is not only emdashes. Try using Umlauts (üäö) or accented
chars (é)... Tinderbox correctly escapes these as entities (&uuml; etc),
and for HTML we want that.

So what I ended up using was turning title and describtion into CDATA
blocks like so:

<item>
        <title><![CDATA[^title^]]></title>
        <link>http://traumwind.de/^path^</link>
<description><![CDATA[^text^]]></description>
</item>

HTH,
-Martin
http://traumwind.de/tindertraum/