Re: [Tb] using Tinderbox to manage citations

From: Hinnerk Haardt <haardt__AT__ssl-blog.de>
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 08:14:34 EDT

Hello,

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:38:01AM -0500, Gordon Meyer wrote:
> The metadata that I track is pretty much the same as yours, but I add
> "publisher" and ISBN (when it's available.)

I use URL and add AuthorEMail and "ReferenziertVon" (referenced by) and "Tags" and
"gelesenAm" (read) so so I can look for all articles I read in a given time range.
The referenced by notation could probably better be solved using links.

I like to start small and add new attributes only if I really need them. Because
every note is based on a prototype, changing rules and key attributes takes place
only at the prototype.

For every source (Book, Article, ...) I add one note with all the available metadata.
The prototype of the note is set to "ZitatQuelle" by its parents OnAdd statement.
Every Child of a ZitatQuelle has the prototype "Zitat" and inherits some (neither
Tags nor comments but ISBN, Author etc.) of its metadata from its parent through a
rule:

Autor=^getFor(parent,Autor)^;URL=^getFor(parent,URL)^;...

That way exporting a citation gets all the metadata right and correcting typos takes
place only at the corresponding "ZitatQuelle". Even creating a list of citations by
metadata (author, publisher...) is possible.

Hinnerk