Re: [Tb] Clearing the prototype pop-up menu

From: Mark Anderson <mac__AT__yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 04:17:31 EST

On 19/1/06 00:37, "Michael Newman" <mnewman1__AT__artic.edu> wrote:

> Thanks everyone. Mea culpa - I had far more "can be prototype" notes
> than I realized, hiding as great, great, great grandchildren...at
> some point I must have accidentally set that to the default value.
> They do clear after all, once I went through the file of all the
> notes I have ever made doing it more or less one by one, since I did
> want to keep some prototypes that way.

If trying to check for lurking Prototypes there are two methods that save a
manual trawl of the TBX file:

1. Visual method (v2.5.0+). Expand the whole Outline and scan for item icons
with a green disc behind them, e.g.:
http://www.acrobatfaq.com/tbx/index/miscinte/contentt.html

2. Agent method. Create an agent and set the query to:

IsPrototype=true

Note the 'true' argument is *lowercase*. Your agent will now hold an alias
for every prototype. You can now either:

(a) Open the aliases note info view (Cmd+Opt+i) and set IsPrototype to
'false'.

...or, if you'd like to see the alias' original in context,

(b) Select the alias and Edit/Show Original (Cmd+r). The view focus now
switches from the alias to its original and you can review and do as in (a)
above.

As you set IsPrototype to 'false', the aliases will be removed from the
agent. When you're happy you've weeded sufficiently you can now - if desired
- delete the agent, or leave it but set it's AgentPriority (v2.5.0+) to
'off'.

Regards

Mark Anderson
Tinderbox wiki gardener