Printing Oversized Map-View

From: Art Russell <artrussell__AT__mindspring.com>
Date: Sun Jan 08 2006 - 00:59:51 EST

I've probably missed an obvious method, but will betray my ignorance: Has
anyone on the list dealt with printing (to PDF) Map Views that are larger
than your display monitor?

I have begun using the Map view more than previously and would like to
occasionally share a map with non-Tinderbox users. A PDF file would be
great, but I find that I am unable to create a PDF file that does not
consist of several smaller files.

Example: In one instance I would like to print a normal sized Map View that
spans perhaps 2 monitor's in width. When printing the file to PDF
[File-Print-Save as PDF], it prints as 6 separate pages that would have to
be physically printed and joined in order to be easily understood.

Desired: Instead, I'd simply like one page of a normal-sized view that could
be vertically and / or horizontally scrolled to view.

Thanks - Art

Art Russell

mailto:artrussell__AT__mindspring.com
http://education.gsu.edu/spehar

PowerBook AL15", 1.5gHz, 80GB HD (5400rpm), 1.25GB DDR SDRAM, OSX 10.4.3,
Airport Extreme, 120GB FireWire External Drive (7200rpm), Spanned 15" LCD
monitor, 20GB 4G iPod.