Re: [Tb] Fundamental usability issues & bugs

From: Mark Bernstein <bernstein__AT__eastgate.com>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 11:09:54 EST

Some very brief notes:

a) Tinderbox has DOCUMENT preferences, which apply to a specific
document, and APPLICATION preferences, which apply to newly-made
documents and to aspects of the program not tied to documents. (Lots
of other programs do this)

b) The popup menu in Nakakoji View does exactly what it should do: it
changes the export template used for the current note. It doesn't
change the template used by other notes.

c) The difference between HTML View and the Nakakoji text export View
are intentional and deliberate. The ideas that underpin the Nakakoji
view are quite new and are the subject of ongoing research.

As it happens, Eastgate's hosting a symposium on Creative Hypertext
Nonfiction next month, to which many of the top people in the field
are coming, and that will explore (among other topics) new directions
in this area. This is not, I think, a sign of inattention.

- - - -

Finally, technical queries and suggestions about Tinderbox should be
sent to Eastgate. Don't assume we're reading this list.

--
Mark Bernstein             bernstein__AT__eastgate.com    (617) 924-9044
Eastgate Systems Inc       http://www.eastgate.com/  (800) 562-1638