[Tb] Re: Tb Digest, Vol 2, Issue 8

From: l.m. orchard <l.m.orchard>
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 17:11:03 EDT

On Tue, 24 May 2005 08:59:15, Scott Price <sprice__AT__textuality.org> wrote:

> At 5:41 PM -0600 5/23/05, Nik wrote:
>
>> Has anyone made any efforts to create HTML export templates to go
>> from Tinderbox to the iPod notes folder?
>>

> I'd be inclined to use the text export rather than HTML. That way
> you could have it work alongside an HTML export. Is there a reason
> to use HTML export instead?

Actually, yeah. I don't have time to tinker with this right now, but
for what it's worth: Done right, you can do some pretty cool linking
and navigation between quasi-HTML pages on the iPod note reader.

Check out the iPod Note Reader User Guide PDF here:

     http://developer.apple.com/hardware/ipod/

There's a bit about it in the Hacking iPod and iTunes book [1], and I
wrote a bit on an RSS aggregator that prepares collections of iPod
notes for my Hacking Atom and RSS book [2] that I'll have coming out
this summer.

[1]: http://foodisworse.typepad.com/hackpod/
[2]: http://www.decafbad.com/blog/2005/04/25/
hacking_rss_and_atom_is_a_real_book

>> I'm considering taking a task manager app and creating a nice iPod
>> sync to carry it with you. If someone's started on this already, I'd
>> always like to save some effort. Didn't see anything on the Wiki or
>> file sharing site.

This sounds like it could be a very cool effort. I've got a *bit* of
experience with making linked iPod notes, via that RSS aggregator I
mentioned... so let me know if you need some help!

--
<l.m.orchard__AT__pobox.com> http://www.decafbad.com/
Lots of planets have a north!