[Tb] import

From: Willem Smelik <willem__AT__smelik.gotadsl.co.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 15:57:45 EST

The use and versatility of agents is dawning upon me, bit by bit.

And with that, I realise that Tb would have been far more ideal for a
large "anthology" I have created, as I can twist attributes of the
various files, have several agents. And export their results. Better than
CP NoteBook. Except that I find it difficult to import my annotated
anthology into Tb without cut & paste until my beard reaches the tabletop.

So how do I import it into Tb? The original file was a simple LaTeX-file,
but I want to split this by paragraph into separate notes. I have
imported the file into NoteBook, and split it into separate cells (and
pages) which is relatively easy (though still a lot of work).
But then what - NB's export as rtf creates one file again, without the
cell-structure, and Tb does not recognize .opml.

I am experimenting with the following route:
* export as .opml
* import in HogBay Notebook (works)
* export each cell as a txt-file (should work)
* import into Tb

Unfortunately, step 3 gives not the result I need (it does not export all
cells for some reason, possibly because of non-Western fonts). However,
this step looks promising as long as I can identify the reason why it
stops exporting midway.

Step 4 should be easy, but the Tb manual only says: "If you drop a
folder, Tinderbox imports each text file in the folder". But in which
view? I've tried a few and nothing happened. There is no "import" menu.
I'm obviously missing something very easy here.

All the best

smolk