[Tb] Style attributes in Tinderbox XML

From: Scott Price <sprice>
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 14:14:10 EDT

At 6:13 PM +0200 7/25/05, Benoit Pointet wrote:
>to remove these from inside Tinderbox:
>- open a text view window
>- select all text
>- select menu: style/plain

That is probably the way to go. I looked a bit further, and figured
out that the style lines are either:

1) italicizing text (which I want to keep)
2) coloring text for links because I have the "colored text links"
preference turned on

It's interesting that the "colored text links" preference results in
hard-coded style lines which don't export as colored text, so I may
not be understanding it correctly yet. However, when I turned off
that preference and went into a note with many links, cmd-opt viewed
the links, saved the document, and looked at the XML again, there
seemed to be fewer style lines.

Thank you for the help-- I think the "style/plain" is the way to go.
I'd hate to remove the italicizations from the file in one fell
swoop, which I think is what would happen if I just used sed or a
BBEdit grep/replace on the XML.

--Scott