[Tb] A possibly possible export code?

From: Scott Price <sprice>
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 14:14:09 EDT

Hello--

This seems like it should be possible, but I can't find documentation
that it is. Can you help?

I want a part of my "page" template to make a list of the children of
a particular note somewhere in my Tinderbox file, no matter where the
page template is being called from. More specifically, I want a
sidebar of the site to make a list of the children of a note. I know
that I can do this with two templates and a line in the :

In page template: ^include(the note, template_one.html)^
template_one.html: <ul>^justChildren(template_two.html)^</ul>
template_two.html: <li>^title^</li>

... but when I've got several of those in various sidebars with
different stylings, my templates are multiplying. I'd rather do
something like this:

^justChildren(the note, template_three.html)^

but "justChildren" doesn't seem to take a note name as an argument in
the manner of ^include. Is that true?

--Scott