[Tb] Tinderbox & LaTeX

From: David C.James <dj>
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 19:04:04 EDT

Jason's email reminded me that I would like to share my scripts from my
Tinderbox -> LaTeX publishing process.

I am using Tinderbox to write a Masters report. I have one note called
"Deliverable" for the actual document and another note called
"Bibliography" which generates the BibTex info. Then I use HTML
exporting to create two intermediary outputs. One is for the LaTeX
document. The other is for the BibTex bibliography. Using a Perl
script, I convert these into a LaTeX document, which I then open with
TexShop.

It works great for what I'm doing -- I'd be happy to share my scripts
if people are interested. I'll need to clean things up and do a write
up of sorts, so I wanted to gauge interest first. I haven't
generalized the scripts, but they might be helpful to others doing the
same thing. Some of the Tinderbox -> LaTeX transformations were
tricky, so hopefully this might help others out.

David

David C. James
Masters Candidate, May 2005
LBJ School of Public Affairs