[Tb] Textile for HTML export

From: Gary King <gwking__AT__cs.umass.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 13:33:26 EDT

--Apple-Mail-10--445477296
        delsp=yes;
        format=flowed

I would like it if the part of Tinderbox that handles HTML generation
and import was "pluggable". I.e., that we could tell TB that export
means "run the file through this pipeline" and import means "run the
file through that pipeline" where the pipelines could be note specific
(for export) and file type specific (for import).

That would be way open and way, way cool.

--
Gary Warren King, Lab Manager
EKSL East, University of Massachusetts * 413 577 0176
I would like it if the part of Tinderbox that handles HTML generation
and import was "pluggable". I.e., that we could tell TB that export
means "run the file through this pipeline" and import means "run the
file through that pipeline" where the pipelines could be note specific
(for export) and file type specific (for import).
That would be way open and way, way cool.
<excerpt>Have you considered Markdown instead?
</excerpt>
I had actually considered Markdown first. I like the faux-markup
philosophy of making things look "correct" even in plain text. However,
I couldn't find any note of its ability to do good typography. I didn't
know about Smartypants, so maybe I'll have to give it another look. I'd
probably be happy with *just* smartypants, really. I didn't plan on
doing much inline markup.
Still, Textile appears to do more of this kind of thing (e.g. making
4x6 into 4__AT__#215;6). And I rather like the idea of using one
preflighting script instead of two.
Textile can do tables (not that I'm planning on it). It will also do
(C), (R), and (TM).
My *other* reason is that Red Cloth is in Ruby, which is my tinkering
project at the moment...
</excerpt>HI,