[Tb] TinderDo sample file

From: Richard Chamberlain <richard__AT__sunsetandlabrea.com>
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 09:07:46 EDT

Hello,

>Maybe we could use this 'projekt' attribute, but get around _manually_
>filling it out?
>Isn't there something like the 'OnAdd' Action for a container note?
>Maybe one could do something with that, like set the 'project'
>attribute to the title opf the container note? How would I go about
>that? setting the Container Notes OnAdd Attribute to 'category=$Name'
>set the category attribute to the Title of the just then created
>note... Now I'd like it to be set to the title of the parent note...

That appears to be tricky. It would be nice to have the ability to get
relationship attributes - i.e. $parent.project.

Also the problem with Action in this case is that it only applies to
children - in the structure I mentioned which was three deep the action
would only occur on the second level.

Manually setting the root OnAdd to:
project=project1;OnAdd=project=Project1

Seems to work to a degree, but doesn't go infinitely deep either.

>>>As I said, a lot of what I'm doing is more into project
>>>planning/management and beyond ToDo lists but I'd love to see some
>>>discussion about that here.
>>

>> Yes me too, as this is my main application of Tinderbox.
>
>Okay, so maybe we can work out something for a project-management
>sample file together?

Sounds like a plan - feel free to contact me off list if necessary.

Cheers,

Richard