[Tb] bilingual date formats?

From: Marc-Antoine Parent <maparent__AT__mac.com>
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 11:52:51 EST

On Mar 26, 2004, at 3:16 AM, Oliver Wrede wrote:

> Am 26.03.2004 um 00:01 schrieb Marc-Antoine Parent:
>
>> I agree that, for multilingual sites, it would be quite nice to have
>> a language attribute in Tinderbox nodes. I have proposed that on the
>> Wiki.
>> We could make much code conditional to the language tag, or even make
>> language-coded filenames (index.html.fr....)
>> Even better, the language property should propagate down the
>> hierarchy of nodes. (Should not that be a nice feature of attributes
>> in general?
>
> Wouldn't it in part already be possible to use a custom attribute
> together with ^if ... ^else ... ^endif clauses?

That is indeed correct, if you think of the HTML generation subsystem,
which started this discussion.
(But if we think of a truly multilingual site, the ^if structures will
quickly become unmanageable, I fear.)
My main concern with a language tag actually originated with the spell
checking, which I would love to be language-dependent...
Marc-Antoine