[Tb] Synching to Webdav?

From: Oliver Wrede <Wrede__AT__fh-aachen.de>
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 04:35:02 EST

Hello,

I currently export to a webdav volume mounted over the network. While
Tinderbox does seem to do a good job only to update files that changed,
I can easily forsee that saving will take forever when the site gets
bigger. Tinderbox is unresponsive during an export. So it would be much
faster to eport to a local folder and then having a background job
synchronizing.

I imagine this could be easily done with some kind of cron job or
software. I'd prefer something that senses wether I am online or not
and in case I am online mounts the appropriate drive automatically. I
simply don't want to touch the exporting/saving/mounting myself for
each update.

I wonder what kinds of solutions to this problems people have found.
How are you doing this?

Regards,
Oliver Wrede

Prof. Oliver Wrede