[Tb] exporting filenames

From: Lee Phillips <lee__AT__lee-phillips.org>
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 15:39:44 EST

> My experience with just sending messages to support (I'm generalizing
> here, not an indictment of the good TB folks) is that information is
> rarely shared. The support folks know the information, and may not
> think there is a need to share that information more broadly, until
> someone else asks that question again. The person originally seeking
> tech support all too often doesn't think to share, since their own
> problem is solved, and they are moving forward with their task. And so
> the shared information is essentially kept private..

And since there is an archive of the mailinglist, people can look for answers to their questions there rather than asking the same questions repeatedly to the support people. I am committed to keeping this archive publicly available forever; it will not one day vanish, the way the Eastgate forum archive did.