[Tb] (no subject)

From: Mark Bernstein <bernstein__AT__eastgate.com>
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 13:25:08 EST

I wrote that

> > Tinderbox always strips spaces and punctuation from file names, since
> > for many servers these generate errors.

and Jeremy Cherfas points, correctly, that if you explicitly put
spaces or punctuation in the value of HTMLExportFileName, they
aren't stripped.

That's true: if you explicitly choose a file name, Tinderbox does
what you tell it to do. By "always", I meant that the default file
name generator strips spaces and punctuation, without respect to the
attribute settings I was discussing.

This, incidentally, is another example of why tech support is a much
better place to discuss details like this. Why should we bore 30 or
50 people getting to the bottom of this, when Jeremy and someone at
Eastgate could get the answer and then, if the answer is sufficiently
interesting, report back?

--
Mark Bernstein             bernstein__AT__eastgate.com    (617) 924-9044
Eastgate Systems Inc       http://www.eastgate.com/  (800) 562-1638