[Tb] Linking to files - was: learning curve to[o] steep

From: mark <mark__AT__bbprojects.net>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 13:30:21 EST

Carl Jester wrote:

> OK, here's a straightforward question.
>
> I'm working on a project to manage and share photos.

Just to use this as an example for my other post (I'm not picking on you Carl or suggesting you dump Tbox - you should be able to get it to do this), I would not consider Tbox (alone) for such a project.

You are likely to benefit from having something like iView Media Pro somewhere in your mix. If you already have that, you could probably take care of everything else you need with widely available "on server" tools (or a TypePad or RadioUserland or iBlog/.mac subscription) and an FTP client with good AppleScript support.

This is one of those situations where there is surely a clever Tbox solution to be worked out, BUT ALSO alternative possibly simpler, possibly cheaper, possibly quicker ways to get the job done.

mark.