[Tb] learning curve to[o] steep

From: Michael P. Wilson <mpwilson1969__AT__optonline.net>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 12:31:16 EST

I can chime in here a little bit. I've been using Tbox for about a
year and I don't come anywhere near using it for what it's good for.
Now that I'm using Movable Type I do my blog authoring on it, and it's
still very useful for outline brainstorming and some todo list
management. But I'm not scratching the surface at all.

Agents for instance. I know they're there because people keep talking
about them. But there's no basic ground-up tutorial on what they are,
how they work and how to get started writing them that I've seen. (The
"action" field in the new-agent dialog is pretty opaque.) Same thing
with templates. I've noodled around with some of the templates I've
downloaded, so I use them for exporting from tinderbox to my emacs wiki
(and a couple other things.) But I'm not sure what they're really
capable of.

I have to confess some embarrassment when I ask... what manual? Surely
you don't mean the tutorial in the help menu. Is there a dead-tree
manual that people who just order online don't have? Is there a
definitive language reference to the agent system someplace that I'm
just not seeing?

Please point me to TFM that I may R it and become enlightened. ;-)

- M

-
"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is
practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

http://www.mpwilson.com/uccu/