[Tb] Weblog implementation strategy (Part 1)

From: Oliver Wrede <Wrede__AT__fh-aachen.de>
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 07:46:18 EST

Dear Tinderbox-Users,

after having completed the setup of a weblog with Tinderbox, some
questions arise about which strategy to choose for the near future. I'd
like to list some concern with thoughts and I hope you have a comment
based on your own experience.

I decided to start with this topic:

-- All weblog posts in one "Archives" container? --

I started with the ?Simplicity? weblog template. That TB file suggests
to keep all notes in a container called "Archives". I start to wonder
what it would be like if a manage to import ~400 notes there and end up
with - let's say - 1000 notes soon. I fear neither the outline view nor
the map view is appropriate to poractically handle that amount of notes
in a single container.

Some weblog systems archive days in a date based folder structure like
"..../2003/10/14/". I too would like to have this, but I wonder if
keeping day containers is convenient. I also doubt that I want to set
up one agent for each day.

Some people decided to do one-note per day instead of several notes per
day (which makes the weblog more like a diary). Mark Bernstein himself
opted for only one page (agent?) per month as archive (e.g.
http://markbernstein.org/Aug0301.html)

I hope anyone with (very big?) weblog files can comment.

Regards,
Oliver Wrede