[Tb] Re: some minor bugs

From: Lee Phillips <lee__AT__lee-phillips.org>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 20:29:28 EDT

> Well, I'd say it sounds more like a chain of design decisions led to
> this result, not that someone said "by design, prototypes should be lost
> when you copy and paste".

Right, it follows from implementing a prototype as a link and then
deciding that links should not follow copy-and-paste.

> > a note's prototype is defined by a link
>
> I have been bothered by this from the start of using TinderBox. It mixes
> paradigms, causes visual noise and now I've seen another reason to think
> it is a bad decision.

I think I agree - in fact it seems odd to implement a prototype as a link, and
causes the problems you mention; I've assumed that there must be some
reason for it that I don't understand. But prototypes in Tinderbox are a form
of object inheritance, unlike the other types of links.