Re: tinderbox mailing list active?

From: <lee_at_lee-phillips.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:28:30 -0400

> Hi, can you tell me if the tinderbox email list is still active? I didn't
> see anything in the archive after 2006. I've seen the Tinderbox wiki but
> am unfamiliar with any other support forums. Thanks!

Hi,

It depends what you mean by "active": the list (tb_at_lee-phillips.org) is
still working, and I intend to keep it available indefinitely, whether
people decide to use it or not. There is still an occasional posting,
but not as much traffic as at times in the past. Traffic seems to go up
and down in accord with some mysterious cycle.

The archive is not live; I archive messages whenever I think of it. I'll
bring the archive up to date very soon, now that you've reminded me.

There is a new tinderbox web forum somewhere on Eastgate's website. If
you look at the early messages to this group in the archives you'll see
that history seems to be repeating itself. There used to be another
Eastgate-run Tinderbox web forum, and this mailing list was created
because of the disappointing way that forum was managed (see the post at
http://lee-phillips.org/tbarchives/0049.html, for example).

I guess your best strategy in finding help would be to first check the
wiki and the archives of this list (and the Tinderbox manual). You can
also look at some of the tutorials and reference material linked from

http://lee-phillips.org/info/Macintosh/Tinderbox.html

If your question is not answered in those places, ask here and in the
web forum. (You can not check the archives of the original Tinderbox
web forum, because Eastgate decided to make them go away.)

Good Luck,

Lee