Re: [Tb] XBEL/OPML Converters

From: David J Garbutt <d.garbutt__AT__intergga.ch>
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 19:09:59 EDT

> I did find a way to export Firefox bookmarks as XBEL and then convert
> that file into OPML; the
> site is here:
>
> http://www.yabfog.com/wp/2005/12/30/xbel-to-opml/
>
> It worked flawlessly.
>
> kt

>>> Try this FF extension: http://www.efinke.com/opml-support/
>>>
>>> I tried the sample OPML export on that page by dropping onto an outline
>>> view
>>> window and go a set of notes with link anchor text as note title and as the
>>> text while the URL became the URL attribute.
>>
>> Perhaps we could request XBEL import support from MB. I seem to remember the
>> OPML support was added very fast...
>>

>> --
>> Dave Garbutt

Yes, that is great - and I will most likely use it, but being able to drag &
drop an XBEL file in to TB would be even lovelier :-)

You can, for example, use a plug-in (bookmarks synchroniser) to maintain an
updated xbel file (e.g. on a home ftp server). ON your local TB it would be
nice to have an auto refreshing note for it - so it gets treated a bit like
a RSS feed does. And is always updated when you get home and carry on
working, as one does :-(

Dave

--
Dave Garbutt