ATbRef - RSS & Atom feeds

From: Mark Anderson <mac__AT__yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 12:21:34 EDT

By way of practice for a wiki tutorial on making feeds from Tinderbox I've
added RSS and Atom feeds to aTbRef. I apologise that the RS feed name has
changed from yesterday:
http://www.acrobatfaq.com/tbx/atom.xml (Atom feed)
http://www.acrobatfaq.com/tbx/rss.xml (RSS feed)

The specs for feeds are very vague on the name of the files, but it seems
safest to use the format type somewhere in the name to help auto-discovery
but online aggregators and to use XML as the extension as that helps for
local viewing/testing. Thus the name change from news.rss to rss.xml.

The tutorial is now on the wiki at:
http://www.acrobatfaq.com/tbx/atom.xml

Specimen templates (those used for the above feeds) are online as part of
the tutorial but I've yet to annotate the templates.

I hope this helps other Tinderbox users who are new to newsfeeds.

---
Regards

Mark Anderson
Tinderbox wiki gardener