Re: client-side image maps

From: Mark Anderson <mac__AT__yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 14:40:53 EDT

On 20/4/06 19:21, "Rosemary Michelle Simpson" <rms__AT__cs.brown.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Mark! Yes, that helps a lot. However, after writing you, I
> thought about the matter further and realized that what I really want is
> to create a dynamic semantic net web page(s) that accesses a Tinderbox
> file, instead of a MySQL file, to dynamically generate a node-link
> semantic net, one that changes its appearance as the user access it. The
> user should be able to rotate it, zoom in on it, and ideally have a
> focus+context view over it.
>
> I know that I could create a Java applet to do the 3D rotation, but I want
> a dynamically generated webpage based on user access of the database. I
> hate relational databases, and would like to be able to use Tinderbox
> instead of the PHP-MySQL combination that has been suggested to me.
>
> Is this completely out of the question?

I only half understand what you want. To break things down a bit, what
information are you seeking to get from tinderbox and in what sort of pieces
- text or attributes. Alternatively is there something similar to what you
want online that we could look at to help understand.

In case it's not clear, the technique as before could be any code and not
necessarily HTML.

---
Regards

Mark Anderson