Re: [Tb] Fwd: clipping

From: Marc-Antoine Parent <maparent__AT__gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 07:26:54 EST

>> Is there an easy way of clipping emails and the like to specific
>> places within Tb?
>
> The options for getting material in to tb are limited, as it doesn't
> support applescript or services. If your mail messages are in one file
> and separated by a consistent demimiter you can drag the file in and
> "explode" the resulting note to get a set of notes, one per message.
> You can also run a local webserver, store your mail or other
> information
> in a web page (html or just text) and do a network fetch from tb into
> a note that points to the url for the local page.
>
> But perhaps the ultimate method is to transform your data into a tb
> file
> directly using TinderToolbox:
>
> http://www.istop.com/~maparent/tinderbox/tindertoolbox.html

Sorry, I changed providers... I hope you were able to google it!

http://maparent.ca/tinderbox/tindertoolbox.html

BTW, I have made some improvements to TTB lately, at Dean Lewis'
suggestion.
It is now much easier to install, and safer to run (among other
things, it will ask where to save the transformed file; if you chose
to overwrite, you will get as many backups as needed...)
Side effect is, I have rebuilt it on my machine, running Tiger, and I
cannot now absolutely swear it works on Panther... (Not a chance on
Jaguar, incidentally.) Testing and bug reports would be appreciated.

Marc-Antoine

P.S. Importing mail is precisely what I did with the imap reader demo...
http://maparent.ca/tinderbox/imapreaderdemo.html
But that code was a proof of concept, and should probably be
considered downright dangerous!

Marc-Antoine