Re: [Tb] Starting to learn Tinderbox

From: Lee Phillips <lee__AT__lee-phillips.org>
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 10:11:02 EST

> Why are the links not highlighted in a different color? In
> preferences-text, you can choose text link color, which I did (blue
> for links, purple for visited, red for active as is the default, which
> I did not change) , but the links remain just black like all the other
> text.

This should work. You might be looking at the Preferences under the
file menu, which would be reasonable. However, you need to also
check the "Document Preferences" under the Edit menu (Apple-8 on
the keyboard). This is identical to the application preferences but
overrides them per document. Just part of the eccentric menu and
dialog structure. Make sure that the checkbox "Colored text
links" is checked there.

> For example RSS and Web Sites autofetch. I understand that Web Sites
> are imported with all the HTML-tags in it and that it may be wiser to
> view them in a browser. Ok. But with RSS, threre should be a way to
> have the note with the RSS channel look like in an ordinary
> RSS-reader. When I import RSS now, I have all the code in it, which
> makes it not very readable

If you find a way to do this that would be interesting. I think with
some work a fun newsreader might be built in Tinderbox.