Re: [Tb] duplicate data when importing OPML

From: Mark Anderson <mac__AT__yeardley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 04:16:13 EST

On 10/1/06 0:52, "mark david mcCreary" <mdm__AT__internet-tools.com> wrote:

> It imports all the data, however the body of the Note also has the same
> data as the Name. That is, the contents of an Omni Outline row ends up
> duplicated in Tinderbox in two different areas.
>
> Is that a feature or a bug ?

[I've not got OO so can't test.] OPML support arrived with TB v2.5.0 and the
last mention of OPML in the release notes was for v3.0.0 which included this
OPML-related note:

"dropping an OPML file into a Tinderbox document imported its information
twice"

However, your duplication seems a different issue as, if understood
correctly, the source data arrives as both the note's Name and Text. Data
arrives into only *one* note but into *two* places within that note.

Your question is probably best asked directly of Eastgate's support
(tinderbox__AT__eastgate.com). It might be worth submitting a small TBX with your
email giving sample problem OO import plus some notes indicating how you
expected the imported data to look.

Regards

Mark Anderson