[Tb] Adding Prototype to Agent Consideration

From: Art Russell <artrussell>
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 23:46:24 EST

I've apparently missed something very basic in the operation of Agents with
TB and need a little help or clarification. As posted to the Tinderbox Wiki:
AskHere (http://www.eastgate.com/wiki2/wiki.cgi?AskHere)

I'm using pared down version of the GTD Tinderbox that originally had
prototypes of "HomeTask" and "WorkTask." I added a new prototye called
"JobApplications" to help in tracking and working my job search.

In doing so, I wanted to take advantage of the use of Agents to capture due
dates for those things due today, in the next 2 days, in 3-7 days, and in
8-14 days.

I'm having a problem modifying the Agents to review notes written with the
"JobApplications" prototype. I have modified each of the agent arguments to
include the new prototype. However, the agents do not recognize the new
prototype/notes.

Thinking that I may have made a mistake with the agent query, I did changed
due dates on a prototyped "WorkTask" note and each agent properly picked up
the change in date. However, no luck with agents recognizing the new
prototype - "JobApplications" when I made a similar change in due dates.

Below is a representative agent query -

Previous query: due>today-1 & due<today+3 & isTask=true &
Prototype(HomeTask?|WorkTask?) & IsPrototype=false

New query: due>today-1 & due<today+3 & isTask=true &
Prototype(JobApplications|HomeTask|WorkTask) & IsPrototype=false

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions?

Thanks - Art

--
Homer A. Russell III, PhD